** This position is contingent upon a contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Grounds and Landscaping Manager to support a large Base Operations Support (BOS) program providing operations & maintenance (O&M) support services to our U.S. government customer in Iraq. The program shall support O&M, full supply chain fuel services, renovation and construction projects, and other limited logistics support. The ideal candidate will have experience working on other large O&M programs in contingency environments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Design, layout, and install beds,plants, hardscape and structures with consideration for water conservation and cost control.
- Work with other managers and contractors in planning for construction of new buildings or other structures and modifications to existing structures to ensure minimal damage is done to existing landscaping.
- Become knowledgeable oflocal plants available, materials (e.g. mulch, chemicals, organicfertilizers and soil amendments, rocks) and outdoor equipment and furniture available within Iraq so to minimize the importing and transportation cost.
- Supervise a large team on multiple projects consisting of ect hires and subcontractors.
- Safe operation of landscaping equipment.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned.