- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. Solving engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
Code-review and working with a team of other developers
- Review and critique database code to ensure quality and recovery methods.
- Collaborate with Architects in best practices for code implementation with code reviews prior to deployment from the development environments.
- Work one-on-one and in small team groups to discuss and refine poorly performing code.
- Develop clean code that utilizes proven design pattern in a test-driven development environment.
Troubleshooting and production support of client issues
- During live production activities respond to client support requests and customer service requests with solutions in collaboration with company architects.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to trouble-shoot problem areas.
- Provide clear and consistent communication around solutions and timelines to client-facing program management teams.