**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOSi is seeking a Radiology Technologist to join a large medical support services program in Iraq supporting our U.S. Government customer. The Radiology Technologist will be performing duties to performing diagnostic imaging examinations like X-rays and computed tomography.
• Performs duties to perform diagnostic imaging examinations like X-rays and computed tomography
• Documents patient care services by charting inpatient and department records
• Prepares patients for radiological procedure by positioning patient
• Adjusts immobilization devices, moves equipment into specified position; adjustment equipment controls to set exposure factors
• Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of treatment; and answering questions
• Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding and knowledge of exposure factors
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
• Follows drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid and using the emergency cart
• Required and able to obtain Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of five years of experience as a Radiology Technician
• Completed an accredited program and/or must pass a certification exam from the state or from The American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
• U.S. Military Radiology Technician technical school training certification (4R0X1, 68P, HM-8451) will also fulfill this requirement
• Must have an unrestricted U.S. state license or be American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certified
• Must be experienced in performing CT procedures, including contrast exams
• Must maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
Executive Order 13495, The Non-Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provides first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other applications/resumes of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.