SOSi

Japanese Linguist (Part-time)

Job Locations US-VA-Reston
Job Post Information* : Posted Date 4 months ago(4/28/2022 12:28 PM)
ID
2022-5921
Location : Location
US-VA-Reston
Potential for Remote
No
Clearance Requirement
None
Job Requires Relocation
No
Job Requires Relocation
No

Overview

*** This position is contingent upon a contract award ***

 

SOSi is seeking a part-time Japanese linguist for periodic interpretation and translation support at NAF Atsugi, near Yokohama Japan.  The successful local national linguist will support dialogue between US Navy officials and their colleagues at the Japanese Ministry of Defense.  Approximately 85 percent of the position will be interpreting while the remaining 15 percent will be document translation.  Estimates are that 1000 hours annually will be required with the strong potential for growth into a full-time position.  Spouses of US Navy personnel are encouraged to apply if they meet the qualifications below.

Responsibilities

  • Provide on-call interpreting services as needed for US Navy officials.
  • Be available with 2 hours’ notice for work on Base.
  • Be able to travel with US Navy officials should the need arise.
  • Provide consistent and idiomatically correct interpretation of conversations for the US Navy in their dealings and business with the Japanese Ministry of Defense.
  • Provide accurate and timely document translations for the US Navy.

Qualifications

  • Educated Native level (4/4/4 on ILR scale) Japanese is required.
  • Native level (3/3/3 on ILR scale) English is required.
  • Experience with consecutive interpretation.
  • Experience translating documents into and from Japanese and English.
  • Experience with Microsoft Office 365 products and email systems.
  • Must be able to pass basic security screenings at NAF Atsugi.

Preferred Qualifications

  • A working knowledge of aeronautics and/or Marine aviation terminology is preferred. 

Working Conditions

  • Office environment.
  • Must be able to qualify for and maintain US Naval Activity Facility access.

SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.

Options

Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed