SOS International, LLC is currently looking for an experienced Exercise Planner to work on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, at Honolulu, Hawaii. The Mission Partner Environment - Engineering Services (MPE-ES) team in Honolulu, Hawaii creates network infrastructure designs for USINDOPACOM services and operates and maintains a dynamic network environment providing multiple secret enclave access and services to a global customer. Our designs are secure, reliable, and resilient and support the USINDOPACOMs mission and its 5000+ customers throughout the Pacific theater. Our team solves challenging technical problems with architecturally unique solutions that enable USINDOPACOM to realize critical C2 strategies. The exercise planner position will work directly with project managers, network engineers, system administrators, government program managers, and other customers and stakeholders, to develop technical solutions to exercise requirements.
USINDOPACOM Mission Partner Environment (MPE) supports a significant number of military exercises throughout the Pacific Theater. The MPE Exercise Planner will have relevant experience in the exercise planning life cycle and will thrive in a fast-paced team environment working directly with customers to develop technical solutions that anticipate and meet customer needs. As a member of the MPE team, you will participate in planning conferences and facilitate MPE teams’ solutions development employing current MPE services. The position will participate in exercise planning conferences, develop progress reports, and manage exercise requirements utilizing the project management life cycle. The candidate should be well-versed in Department of Defense (DoD) protocols, procedures, and regulations. The position is expected to regularly interact with senior DoD personnel, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to prepare and deliver exercise briefings and IPRs to interested parties as required.
• Simultaneously manage the organizations exercise requirements in support of overlapping events throughout the Pacific Theater.
• Assess exercise events through participation in exercise conferences and develop recommendations for sustained future operations.
• Develop and coordinate teams to attend, advise, and contribute to the Exercise Planning Life Cycle.
• Develop and maintain exercise project plans and work packages for exercise requirement milestones at varying classification levels, communicating accomplishments, events, issues, and risks.
• Lead exercise related meetings, technical discussions, in-progress reviews (IPRs), and briefings with customers, executive management, internal teams, and other various stakeholders.
• Generate and present exercise update reports
• Interface with project leads and team members to collect, develop, document, and present program status updates via a Weekly Activity Report (WAR).
• Brief executive management, internal teams, customers, and fellow exercise planners on service catalog, Enterprise architecture, and C2 Requirements impact to operations.
• Evaluate designated activities during Joint and Combined training and exercise events, interoperability workshops, tabletop exercises, and senior leader seminars.
• Facilitate After-Action Review (AAR) meetings and post-mortems to review exercise support and associated deliverables.
• Maintain relationships with customers, clients, and program managers.
• Participate, record, and log information collected from planning conferences and other sidebar communication pertaining to MPE-ES’ level of support of an exercise.
• Active in-scope Top Secret DoD security clearance with SCI Eligibility and US Passport.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field (or equivalent years of experience) with three (3) years of related experience.
• CompTIA Project+, PMI CAPM, or equivalent project certification or (2) years project management experience
• Experience conducting military Exercise Planning via the Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC), preferably within the Pacific Theater.
• Detailed understanding of ITIL change, configuration, and release management processes.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to elicit, translate, and document system specifications and designs from network engineers and system administrators.
• Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
• Experience planning and managing complex tasks under tight budget and time constraints across multiple regions overseas.
SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.